Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day...



I must confess...I LOVE Valentine's Day! I see it as a day to celebrate and connect with those you love (and not just a "Hallmark holiday".) This doesn't mean you need to spend a ton of money, either. At our house, I got up early (very rare!), and fixed my family a hot breakfast of bacon, heart-shaped pancakes, and eggs. Now, this might seem normal to you, but with 5 different people all leaving the house at 4 different times, this can be a challenge. My family loved it! Later in the day I made these cute boxes (instructions can be found at http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/allinonebox/ ) and filled them with Hershey's Hugs and Kisses. They were a huge hit! Tom gave me a beautiful pink rose and a card that he created himself - absolutely made me smile! I hope you and your family had a great day - no matter how you chose to spend it!

No comments: